In this jungle it is said that if a sleeping APE starts automatically RISING in the air, it is a serious matter & the king must be INFORMED about it.
Word : APPRISE
Pronunciation : ap·prise (ə-prīz′)
Breakup : APE + RISE
Meaning : To make aware; inform.
Apprize, Notify, Send word, Give notice, Advise
Question 1: What was happening to the Ape?
- Option1 : It was Sleeping
- Option2 : It was sleeping on a high bed
- Option3 : It was sleeping & rising in the air
Question 2: What was supposed to be done when the Ape starts rising?
- Option1 : Inform the Lion
- Option2 : Lion to wear Uniform
- Option3 : Do not inform the Lion
Question 3: What is the meaning of the Word?
- Option1 : To Inform
- Option2 : To make aware of
- Option3 : Both 1 & 2 above
Sentences & News:
1. SEZ: SC asks Haryana to apprise it about land allocated to RIL
2. PM meets President to apprise him about Republic Day preparations
3. TN BJP to apprise leadership on anti-CHOGM sentiments
4. Apprise information for Medicare beneficiaries
History & Origin:
The word comes from late Middle English: from Old French aprisier, from a (from Latin ad ‘to, at’) + prisier ‘to price, prize’, from pris. The change in the ending in the 17th century was due to association with prize.